nissan tech

could u take a look at my reply June 5th 08:58....thks..............wabbit

Reply to
wabbit

I saw all the codes you were getting.

It sounds to me like to may have a main harness problem, they were know for developing breaks in the wiring in the early model years.

Reply to
NissTech

Thks for your reply..........it's looking more and more to be the starter, resulting in bogus codes......will know tomorrow, and report for the benefit of the users group..........thks again........wabbit

08:58....thks..............wabbit
Reply to
wabbit

a starter may very well be the problem.

I have seen this before.

If the 180 degree signal is not set within the first few seconds of cranking the ECM will se the crank position code.

Reply to
NissTech

well, the starter has been rebuilt and installed.......and happily the car starts instantly....I think your comments are bang on NissTech.......and are consistent with others in the maximum.org community.........I believe as well that the starter may very well need to have an RPM fast enough to generate sufficient voltage to generate the spark necessary for ignition, and a faltering starter motor is somewhat sluggish........it strikes me as ironic, that Nissan technicians, with all of their pricey, high tech equipment, codes, DTC's, Consult et al, were unable to correctly diagnose or even contemplate a hard startiing problem, as posslbly due to a faulty starter, whereas it is probably the first place mechanics of 25 years ago would start to look at!..........the more things change the more they stay the same!.............I've got 490,000km on my '95 Max - I now look forward to hitting the half million mark...........thks for you comments.........wabbit

Reply to
wabbit