P1320 Ignition Coil again..SES Light

Hi everyone, I have been reading up on the P1320 replace the ignition coils issue on the web and in this group. I just replaced the coils (super simple 1/2 hr max job( and am wondering should the SES go out or do I still need to take it someplace to have the code cleared?

Thanks

Reply to
pmar65

Hi everyone, I have been reading up on the P1320 replace the ignition coils issue on the web and in this group. I just replaced the coils (super simple 1/2 hr max job( and am wondering should the SES go out or do I still need to take it someplace to have the code cleared?

Thanks

Reply to
pmar65

Hi everyone, I have that infamous P1320 code that keeps the SES light on. I had the car tested at emissions and got this code. Paid 84 buck to have it diagnosed and they wanted to charge me 1100 to change the ignition coils on a 2000 Maxima GXE. Needless to say I wasn't going to pay that much especially when changing the coils is just as easy as changing the spark plugs. Anyway the coils are replaced but I still get the SES light. Can I reset the ECU myself or do I have to take it in someplace to have it reset. Should I have replaced the spark plug too? It's got 97500 on the car (yup all my own driving) and the plug where just replaced at 75K.

P.

Reply to
pmar65

Hi everyone, I have that infamous P1320 code that keeps the SES light on. I had the car tested at emissions and got this code. Paid 84 buck to have it diagnosed and they wanted to charge me 1100 to change the ignition coils on a 2000 Maxima GXE. Needless to say I wasn't going to pay that much especially when changing the coils is just as easy as changing the spark plugs. Anyway the coils are replaced but I still get the SES light. Can I reset the ECU myself or do I have to take it in someplace to have it reset. Should I have replaced the spark plug too? It's got 97500 on the car (yup all my own driving) and the plug where just replaced at 75K.

P.

Reply to
pmar65

Not sure why you posted the same thing 4 times... but...

You need to clear the SES. Go to your local autozone and see if they'll help you out.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

It will clear itself after a certain number of start cycles.

Reply to
JimV