Radio Cassette player lcd backlight out

My 1999 Maxima has a Clarion radio/cassette player. Everything still works fine, except the backlight (?) is out that illuminates the lcd display for the station number.

The LCD display is sharp and crisp day or night. It is just that there is nothing to illuminate the station number at night. Kind of hard to see.

Can someone tell me how to fix it?

TIA, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Maye

Can you solder? if yes then take apart the radio, and replace the tiny bulb behind the display (about $1.49 for 2 at radio shack) if not then..........

Reply to
Brian

Sure, Brian. I can solder. There is a blue colored led or bulb (what is it?) behind the LCD display. is this it??

Can you tell me if this is an LED or bulb and if possible do you have the part number?

Thanks for your reply, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Maye

it's a bulb most probably with a plastic cover, Don't remember the part # but it is stocked by radio shack

are I think what I used to repair my alpine with the same problem.That reminds me. I need to fix the display on my audiovox toohope that helps Brian

Reply to
Brian