406 1.8 1996 faulty display

Hey all,

I have a 1996 406 1.8 and am experiencing faulty display (speedometer, rev counter and fuel-gauge). Temp-meter is apparently working fine. The speedometer sometimes just drops down to zero and only works again after giving a gentle knock on the display. The fuel-gauge is all over the place, one moment reading half and the next one reading full. I had the complete display replaced but didn't want to go for a new one because of the high costs. The replaced display now has just about the same problems ! Ofcourse the peugeot-garage will sort it out but they say many 406's have faulty displays and so chances are another 2ndhand display will have the same probs. So it's either living with that or paying the full amount for a new display :(

A question. Is there anything else that might cause these problems that you guys might know of ? Appreciate any help you could give me, many thanks in advance.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With You

Was having the same problems. There were a lot of loose contacts on the print behind the meters. Sololution : resolder the loose contacts on the print.

greetings Aat

"In Dreams I Walk With You" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
Aat

Thanks. Yeah the garage tried that but encountered too much problems and decided to change the complete display instead.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With You

It is better to bring it to an electronics repairshop...

Greetings Aat

"In Dreams I Walk With You" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
Aat

Reply to
Seafarer

bericht

(speedometer,

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

Thanks all for the help. I'll take the display to an electronics shop and see what they can make of it.

Reply to
In Dreams I Walk With You