406 Radio.

I have just installed a new radio and was told that the ISO wiring was standard and did not require any adaptation.But looking around I see that there are wiring adapters.I ask because i can not get the stalk interface to work.

Any advise.

Mark

Reply to
spectrum

There was a posting called Radio Stalk on 18/12/07 that may help.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Thanks Keith but it was me who made the radio stalk post. My question was ,is the wiring 100% standard as it may be that which is causing the stalk remote not to work.

Mark

Reply to
spectrum

The wiring on my 406 was "standard", When I fitted a Sony cd to the car I purchased one of those ISO adaptors I think that's what they call them, "Peugeot to a Sony" adaptor. Is it a Sony radio you are trying to fit by any chance, I think as long as the radio has the Sony jack socket fitted at the rear it should work. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Thanks Gary. I have installed a jvc stereo,the problem is the dimmer function and the stalk control.The standard fitting does work,but i was unsure if perhaps some supply wiring was different,causing the stalk interface not to work. I assume there is some wiring difference or there would be no need for a Peugeot to Standard ISO adapter that many places sell,it is a PC2-74-4.

Mark

Reply to
spectrum

From what I remember the main difference in the standard Peugeot iso and the adaptor connecter was to do with the powering of it off with the key and the dimming side of it when the lights were switched on. I think there are 2 wires that you can switch in the ISO to make the radio dim when the lights are on. Unfortunately I cannot remember which ones the were or what the part number was I had.. The stalk controls worked ok with the adaptor and the Sony cd player. To be honest ,the times I belt the stalk control with my knee when I get in and out I am surprised it still works, not the greatest of designs is it. In the end though I got fed up with the 406 centre display only showing the time and I much preferred the original look to the dash, so I purchased a used Peugeot 406 cd player via ebay and fitted that instead. All I needed to do was take the car to a Peugeot dealer and have the new cd programmed to the car, cost me £40 for the radio and £15 to get it programmed. Plus all the controls and the centre display work as they should. You can even get an adaptor so you can plug an MP3 player into the system as well.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Hi. I decided to buy a harness adapter and it does seem to have 2 wires in different positions,so i will be fitting it this weekend. I hopefully only have one more question,there is an orange wire on the new harness that is open ended that goes to the radio dimmer.Does anybody know which wire on the original harness connects to this to dim the radio when the lights are on.

Thanks again

Mark

Reply to
spectrum