406 radio display

I have a 98 406 with a factory radio/cassette/cd I believe it's the 4050 model. The problem is the display on the multi-function display has stopped lighting up. It works ok, you just about see it with the interior light on, or in sunlight but boy it's annoying. I presume there's a blown fuse or a weak connection somewhere? Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

Carefully prize the front off, it's retained by lugs. You'll find two bulbs,[ ONLY AVAILABLE FROM A PEUGEOT DEALER !!!!], fitted into a small pc board. Cost about £1.56 each. Don't ask a dealer to it 'cos he'll charge an hours labour + + + , it takes ten minutes.

Reply to
John Hollinshead

They're surprisingly reasonable from the dealer. The nearest equivalent (which aren't suitable) are £1.99 from Halfrauds

Peter

Reply to
ph12

They are aren't they. My local Halfords didn't stock them anyway

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Yeah, very reasonable I thought that too........and your tip works perfectly so thanks for that...............However......... The display for the heater/air-con has now done exactly the same, I expect it's another pair of bulbs so no major problem. But isn't it a bit unusual for them all to go at almost the same time? Have I disturbed something maybe? And how do I get the front off the heater display?

Reply to
Chris

Actually managed to do it all on my own heehee

Pulled out the radio after pushing long thin wire into retaining lug holes, that revealed 2 torx screws. Removed the multifunction radio display again and the cover plate from the other side of the hazard warning light switch & sports suspension switch, that revealed a further 4 torx screws. Undid the 4 screws & the whole heater display/switch panel could then be removed. There are about 6 or 7 bulbs which light up the whole thing (switches as well as display) The central two are for the display.

Incidentally.... the bulbs are pretty bog standard it seems, just need to put them in the Peugeot bulb holders. Bought 2 bulbs from local motor spares place (Webbs in Stevenage) for 99p including VAT Can you beat that??

Thnnks for help anyway, hope this helps anyone else.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Gordan Filipan

Yes I can. I needed one for the clock and the repair man said: 'No charge.'

Reply to
ken kerrison