407 Memory seats

i have a 407 SW with electric seats / mirrors. is it possible to have the memory function fitted/added or is this option only available when built?

-- Message posted using

information at

gollycrush

Well I'm sure it is possible but at such an enormous cost that it won't be worthwhile. It's only worth having if your car gets used by loads of people anyway. It takes me about 5 seconds to adjust the car seats and mirrors after my wife uses my car frinstance.

Reply to
malc

i appreciate what your saying about the 5 second adjustment, but i was hoping that because the car has electric seat/mirror movement fitted that the wiring harness and connecting plugs might already be present and that it could have been a simple plug the memory switches in and all operational???

-- Message posted using

information at

gollycrush

You have have to preprogram the car's onboard computer system to operate in that way. Maybe something like this is just a software upgrade? No extra hardware to install except for the switches/buttons? D

Reply to
tricky4000

I have a 6 foot plus friend who has a 4 foot 10 inch wife. They have a Corvette which adjusts the seat and mirrors depending on which key is used in the ignition.

In a rush one day he picked up her key. She still laughs about it.

Reply to
Mick Whittingham

From her hospital bed? :-(

Reply to