Memory Seats

I have a 2004 Tahoe LT with memory seats that fail to recall the set positions. In fact, it randomly chooses a position each time I get in. Chevy verified the problem and that they have unable to fix the problem. It doesn't look like they will figure it out at all.

Are there others out there who have this unfixable problem? My dealer says that there are others and I'm curious to hear about any fixes or other resolution that has come from dealers or from GM. Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Greagor

Sigwings

My 03 Sub does this - but not all the time. When we took it to the dealer, they just said that we weren't setting it properly. Right. Still have the problem, I'm thinking of trying to get the dealer to replace the module.

Reply to
M Rothwell

My son's Tahoe had the same problem. The first dealer tried to tell him they didn't know how to use on their first visit, on the second visit the dealer couldn't duplicate the problem and had never heard of any others doing this. He went to another dealer and they fixed it. Not sure but I think they change some computer.

Al

Reply to
ajtessier

We have a 2004 Yukon and the power seats won't recall their position. The outside mirrors and the radio are also supposed to remember their setting. We have various problems with the seats, mirrors and radio stations. At times, the seat scrunches me up as close to the steering wheel as it can before I can get it pushed back. The dealer says he has lots of people complaining with Tahoes and Yukons and that GM is studying the problem but hasn't got a fix. I called the 800 number for GM and they hadn't heard of the problem, but called my dealer and said they would keep track of it. We should all call GM.

Karl

Reply to
Silverado