605 alarm - how to disconnect the battery?

OK, I give up. How do I disconnect the battery from my 605 without setting off the alarm? The last time I took the car in for repair to an independent garage, THEY phoned ME to ask how to do this...I told them I had no idea. I spoke to them today to ask what they finally did and they told me that they just unbolted the alarm and buried the screeching thing under a pile of blankets outside the workshop until its internal bettery ran down.... which took nearly 24 hours. Not the sort of thing I can do at home if I am to live at peace with the neighbours. There's a simple answer....which is?

Reply to
Dave James

Hi

Depends what alarm system it has fitted. If we are talking standard factory fit alarms then,

The early ones have a key switch to shut the siren up, Either under the bonnet or in the boot. Some use the igntion key, Others have a special key.

The later ones need an alarm control button pressing down inside on the dash & the igntion key turned in a certain order before removing the battery.

Ask your friendly Peugeot dealer if possible.

Reply to
Lee Power via CarKB.com

key switch is inside the boot although the siren should only cycle 3 times before shutting down if its internal batteries are ok

Reply to
mindwipe

Reply to
Dave James