Fitting 206 1.4 EFI engine into 1992 Pug 205. advice pls !

Im fitting a 206 engine into my 205. got the wiring, ecu and everything needed.

The engine is already in the bay. Fits well using the 205 upper engine mounts. The two engines are basically the same. The previous was a

1300cc on carbs.

The issue is the front space for the radiator. The new engine has its alternator, power steering pump and aircon pump in the front. whereas

205?s was at the back. this resulting in the 206 engine using more space in the front resulting then into the radiator and its fans not fitting. Im thinking of trying to fit it still in the front but adjusting the bumper so it then becomes larger and fits everything.

im thinking also trying to remove and adjust the pulleys and fitting the alternator at the back, but still space might be limited. We?ll try this tomorrow.

Other than that the conversion is great. weve managed to modify and fit the 206 dash into the 205. bit of cutting and fixing here and there but it looks stunning.

Anyone ever done this before and have any ideas or advice will be much appreciated.

thanks a lot

Reply to
ronnyadonis

Sorry, can't help you with fitting - although I would suggest that moving the alternator might be your best option, otherwise you could consider moving the radiator if that's possible. Also, you might find that a different radiator could fit better.

Do you have any photographs of your work so far? I'd be interested in seeing what the 206 dash looks like!

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Hi,

I'm affraid they're all the same size, at least for 205s. Errrm and discussing about fittings, yeah you made some nice stuff with your

305 ;-)

I was about to ask, too !

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

IIRC, the 205 diesels have the alternator very low down, to clear the=20 injection pump. This might be worth looking into as an option. Dave

Reply to
Dave

hehe thanks, I still have the 305, but it's been off the road for a long time! I'm just about to fit a new cylinder head.. the last one cracked! Still, it worked fine as a daily driver for at least a couple of years - plus I've refurbished the new head properly this time. Hopefully it'll be back on the road in the new year.

To be honest, my initial thought was 'surely that won't work?'.. so I'd love to see some pictures and be proved wrong!!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Hi Chris,

Nice. That's the only EFI-fed 305 I've ever heard about, considering the 305 was just a "daily" car, i guess there wasn't many moded models. Oh, I knew one here, a pretty rare trimming (ELX, IIRC) its owner slighty moded, with blue carpets anywhere. He told me it was just for fun, and it *was* fun ideed. He used to play guitar, and this car had some rock & roll taste, not only for the AC/DC sticker on the rear screen :-) What about your 944 ?

So would I !

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T