Off subject but need help!

Hi some scrote has filled up my e-mail server with over a thousand bounced messages! everytime I delete 500 another 500 appear. Guess it's someone sick as it spans a half hour sending. I know it's off the subject but I neeed some important messages that have been sent but I can't get them. I can't find any site that I can ask how to delete them from the server. Any computer experts out there can advise me how to rectify the situation I would appreciate it.Using OE and server is Wanadoo Pay as you go. Sons have sent Mother Day electronic cards and poor lass can't see them! If I want a supper I'll have to get it sorted. thanks if you can

Reply to
shipwreck

Hi i think what you need to do is go to oranges website as you can login to web mail and sift through your emails there without having to download them all to your computer. if you go to orange.co.uk and click on email put your wannadoo username and password in there hit ok and your in... looks a bit hotmail'y tho lol hope this works James

Reply to
James Carter

Mailwasher operates between your server and e-mail program.

Also you might want to turn on the anti-spam on your Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve account and send them to your junk box. Log on into your email online at
and clickanti-spam. Select Junk Mail Folder and while you are on that page puta few key addresses in the approved list.

Reply to
Phil Cook

You had me worried for a while you know. Mothering Sunday is next week. 17th of March.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Just the info I needed thanks for that,I'll get on to it still probably change the address though.I use Mailwasher but it still takes an age to delete the messages. What would any prick get out of doing this?Sick really.thanks again

Reply to
shipwreck

What has probably happened is that your e-mail address has been picked up by a spammer and he is using it as a return address. That's why I don't bounce e-mails in Mailwasher. The spammers will take no notice in much the same way that junk snail-mailers don't care about out of date addresses.

Reply to
Phil Cook

I have seen articles that say the spammers like you to bounce spam because then they know that they have a live address.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

*cough* 18th :-)
Reply to