Over-filled Engine Coolant

Hi I have just re-filled my engine coolant with water and it has gone way past the MAX line. Is this ok? My Dad said that it just means steam will come out for a while, but I just wondered if anyone could re-assure me! Any help appreciated!

Reply to
hmj

In theory yes, but if the valve is faulty or there is a weekness in the system then a pipe could split under pressure. Simple solution is to drain it, try using a small clear pipe in the tank, draw the fluid into it by sucking and drain the excess out into a jar or bottle. DO NOT SWALLOW OR LET THE COOLANT GET IN YOR MOUTH!

Mike

Reply to
Mike