problem

any body having problem with this site,like not showing all the e.mail,and keeping them so you can read them again and again.

Reply to
Chris

Chris,

Posting deletion is normal - it's usually done at the server when the size limit is reached on the disk and 'new' postings 'push' the old ones off.

You can try altering your settings so that you can see them as long as possible on your machine by going to Tools > Options > Maintenance then check the box and set a value on the Delete new messages....

Or you can simple save the posts that you are reading to your hard drive by simply showing the relevant post and then click File > Save As > and the save to a folder on your hard drive - this is the best way as the post then never 'disappears'.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

You should find that all old posts are available via Google Groups. They bought out deja.com who performed this function and, as far as I know, have kept it up. Not ideal but better than nowt. The other alternative is to subscribe to a news server. I am with BT Broadband and they have outsourced their news facility to Giganews on which I can get back (on this group) to July 2003. I know that you can also subscribe (for a fee) to Giganews.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks