26 inch rims?!

im not sure how popular it is in other areas of the country but around here all the young kids are taking older big body cars and lifting them

3-4 feet off the ground and stuffing 26 inch rims underneath them. To me they look like toy cars! Some of them dont look too bad, but anywayz i was just wondering if someone could tell me how they lift the cars up that high and does it weaken the cars suspension? They look like they ride pretty stiff. Would it be possible to lift a bonneville up like that and put mud tires under it instead of big flashy "gangster rims", and if so would it be strong enough to go off road or would it weaken the car too much to play around in the mud?

thanks, mark

Reply to
Midget Tosser

With the correct amount of cash, anything could be done.

Reply to
80 Knight

All the ones I see around here are just a "lifted" 4x4 Blazer or pick-up chassis with a different body set on. I met one guy who did 3 or 4 Cadillacs that way... I think he used the pre-'88 Chevy pick-up chassis with the solid front axles? Whatever he used... he told me it was basically a "bolt-on" deal as long as you pick a chassis with the correct wheelbase for the body.

Reply to
David Courtney