67 Goat

I ran across a 67 GTO recently. Pretty car, looked all original. 4 speed manual BUT it had a 428 and the three dueces were Holleys, not Rochesters. On the front fenders it had 428 badges. Mechanical, rather than vacuum linkeage. I ran the VIN and it comes up as a standard GTO. The cat that is selling it says it was built by a dealer like the hemi Darts etc.. Anyone run into this before? The price is not bad and it runs great but I don't care to pay rare car price for a built car. The asking price is 15K.

Reply to
FBR

67s came with a 400 and a 4bbl.....period. It was against Pontiac regs to put a 428 on there.

The last year for the Tri-Power AND the 389 was 1966. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Dealers were installing 428's in 1967 as a special order. They are highly sought after cars. Go here for info...

Rochesters.

Reply to
Jack L. Spratt

I whole heartedly agree with the "If not documented this application is incorrect." part. GW (GTOAA member since he can rememeber)

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

NO 400 or 428 ever came from the factory with Tri-Power either. I would have to see the Dealer invoice to believe it came like this. Royal Pontiac in Michigan was known for their modifications on new GTO's. Did the car come through this Dealer? If what you are being told is true, then this car should bring a much higher price. 15k isn't top dollar for a standard GTO.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Excellent site with some great info, thanks!

Reply to
FBR

For more details about this car use Pontiac Historical Services

29Feb