Cooling system migrane

'90 Bonneville. Low miles (34k).

Original radiator was badly corroded, and leaked a little, so I replaced it. New radiator has plastic tanks & aluminum core. It leaked along the crimp on the passenger side. Leak grows with time, and only when hot.

Radiator been replaced twice again now (total of 3 new radiators) and I'm still having the same problem. Changed cap much earlier. Problem doesn't change, no matter which cap is installed. Replacement radiators all leak around the crimp on the passenger side.

Car does not overheat. Temp gauge works like it should (as far as I can tell) and doesn't indicate anything unusual. (I haven't let it run out of coolant). WTF? What could be causing this? Excess pressure in the system? Caused by what? Bad head gasket?

Car runs beautifully, idles nicely. No other indication of trouble.

Pulling hair. Please help.

Reply to
Robert A. Barr

What brand of radiator are you using? Are they new - or recores? Can you get a Harrison ( GM's supplier ). Hate to tell you this but I have the original radiator in my car & its a Harrison & never had any repairs done to it.

Good Luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~273,777 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face