Engine cuts out at idle in drive.......

90' 6000 SE 122K MILES. 3.1 ltr. Just recently when I'm at a stop light, in drive, the engine will cut out most of the time. The idle sounds kinda low. when I go to start it back up, it starts up right away. The car runs great otherwise. This will happen if it is wet or dry outside. Plugs, wires, all ok. Also if I would put it in park, and let it idle, and touch the gas a little, then let off, it would idle erractic. Up and down, up and down then it would shut off {car}. A few other things forgot to mention also..............after it sits for awhile, it's very hard starting. When it sits idle in park, it's like it's starving for gas OR FLOODING. The idle fluctuates dramatically, up down, up down. I removed the cover off of the air filter and it's loaded with gas. The tube up to the intake as well, full of gas. Is this a fuel issue problem? It's getting worse. I can't even hold an idle without it shut'n down. I've parked it for now till I get some ideas. Thanks.
Reply to
tbobholz via CarKB.com

Chevrolet

Reply to