fried 3.8 motor

My 95 bonneville finally gave up on me. Does anyone know which engines will interchange with it?

Reply to
joybotanicals

Damn ! Only 9 years out of it.

: - (

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,416 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

What happened to the engine?

Reply to
Mike

From what I remember any 94 or 95 (L code) 3.8 is a direct fit, and earlier "L codes" may need minor changeovers.

Reply to
clare

Any 3800 NA from 95-99 will be practically an exact drop in w/o fuss as they're all 3800 Series II's. The problem arises when you want to swap 3800 na engines for SC ones. As you didn't state NA or SC here, I can't give any more info at this time. The earlier 92-94 Series I's will fit, but will not work electronically as they used OBD I, while the Series II's use OBD II. There is also the issue of Trans too. the earlier used 4T60-E's while the newer ones used 4T65-E's & 4T65-E HD's.

Reply to
DeathRat

Yeah I'm still wondering what happened to his motor. Finally gave up on... What does that mean? Usually means neglect or over 500k miles and fried means didnt watch the oil or coolant.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville