Grand Prix SES code P0128 -- What's it mean?

So the SES light on my 2000 Grand Prix GT came on steady this past weekend. I tried the gas cap trick, no luck. I have an appointment w/ the dealer on Saturday but wanted to prep myself first. I got the code read at the local AutoZone -- P0128, something about "coolant below regulating temp"?

Is this a big deal? If so, any guess as to reasonable repair charges? Boston area (Lowell). Seems to me that cold "coolant" would be ok? Or am I thinking about this wrong?

Full disclosure: I accidently clipped a corner curb pretty good at a mall parking lot a couple days before I noticed the light. Might I have jarred a sensor loose? The car continues to run fine, same as it always has.

Thanks for any info!

-Wrench

Reply to
Wrench