TROUBLE SHOOTING START UP PROBLEMS

I OWN A 1994 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE WTIH AN AUTOMATIC. MY CAR STARTS AND TURNS OVER SLOWY BUT SOME TIMES STARTS QUICKLY. THE BATTEY CHECKED OUT AND THE ALTERNATOR CHECKED OUT. THE ONLY TROUBLE CODE I FOUND WAS P0740 THE TCC: TORQUE CONVERTER CONTROL MODULE CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION. MY ALTERNATOR PUTS OUT 13.4-13.6 VOLTS THE BATTERY HOLDS STEADY AT 12.1

Reply to
rgreen121

Alternator output should be 13.5-14.5V with fully charged battery.

This is how I test battery voltage:

12 Volt Battery voltages as indicated by digital voltmeter. Turn on headlights for one minute to remove surface charge.

Voltages % Charge =>12.6 full 12.4 75 12.2 50 12.0 25

Reply to
Captain Midnight