Where is thermostat on a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am?

I need to know where the thermostat is located on a Pontiac Grand Am. Iíve been told to follow the hose from the top of the radiator to the engine and thatís where itíd be. But the only hose that I can tell coming from the radiator goes to the antifreeze resvoir, and then thereís a couple hoses that go from there to the engine. Any help would be appreciated and anyone who knows where I can get some kind of picture of itís location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

‚úĖ

kingokrap wrote:

Think about this carefully... In order to circulate hot water from the engine to the radiator and back again, the engine has to have more than one hose. Look again.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I had a 1996 Grand Am and the engine in a 1999 is the same and my thermostat was located on the driver side of the engine where the breather enters the engine. You have to remove the breather and the housing it will take about 30 minutes to change. If you go to your local library and pick up a Chiltons Manual for Grand Ams that will show you a picture and help you with your exchange.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

If you only hose you can find that come from the radiator is the one that goes to the antifreeze tank I would suggest that you take your car to a reputable repair shop and not attempt any repairs yourself.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

kingokrap wrote... <<<<I need to know where the thermostat is located on a,Pontiac,Grand Am. Iíve been told to follow the hose from the top of the radiator to the engine and thatís where itíd be. But the only hose that I can tell coming from the radiator goes to the antifreeze resvoir, and then thereís a couple hoses that go from there to the engine. Any help would be appreciated and anyone who knows where I can get some kind of picture of itís location would be greatly appreciated. >>>

As with most water-cooled vehicles, it's between the engine outlet and the radiator inlet. Exact location varies depending on the engine, which you forgot to tell us about. Ya know, I think FBR is right...

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Nothing found yet