New and Green!

Good day all! I have just bought a 1987 924S (my first ever Porsche), which will require some work. My mechanic suggested I start by joining a group like this one. The car had not been ran for over 2 years. I trailered it home on Nov. 9th. It will require a new sun roof, and I am in need of any suggestions for this. Can anyone please assist me here? Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Catfish

Congratulations, Rich!

You should be sure that you check out these Porsche sites and join the discussion boards there:

Are you in the U.S.? If so, look also at:

and for cheap new parts:

There are many more links, and others may post them, but that should get you started. Don't be afraid to Google, either.

Happy Porschering!

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

What's up with the sunroof? Is it just leaking at the edges? You probably need a new seal... I've had a 924 and a 944 - the 944 has a plastic sunroof and so it could be the 924 does as well. If so, be careful not to snap any of it when you replace the seal.

Have you tried to start it yet? Probably wise to at least check the timing belt before you do. That said, my 944 (with the same engine as the 924S) I use daily had sat on someone's driveway for a year without really moving anywhere. I drove it home when i bought it, and then three days later drove it 230 miles without a hitch!

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B