Was toast Prius ... left over donor parts

Hi,

I'm reposting here for any other NHW11 owners who may have a need or see a future need for parts from a crashed, NHW11 Prius. This car was used to get Stephen's 2002 Prius bought at auction back in operation.

About two months ago, Stephen bought a 2002 Prius at auction in Brimingham. However, the car had a bad 12V DC-to-DC inverter and a failing transaxle. Knowing nothing about the Prius, he drove the car over 100 miles back to Huntsville and around town before contacting me. Since then, I've been providing a spare inverter, technical advice, scanning, and loaned my maintenance manuals to help get his car back on the road.

Sad to say, a Nashville NHW11 was lost in a front-end accident and became available as a salvage. So Stephen got that car and brought it down to Huntsville. I'm replacing my spare inverter from that car and planning to get a few nick-nacks for 'experimental' purposes.

However, there are a lot of parts that folks may have an interest in before the shell is towed to the recyclers after this weekend:

--- >

Hooray! Trans-axle swap completed! I have posted 61 pics of > the complete transaxle swap, however the pics are at random. > I hope to make a nice step-by-step photo-story of the whole > process, . . .

I had a chance to look at the donor vehicle and help in checking the codes.

. . . However I still have the red triangle, which I > believe diagnostics and code-reset will get rid of.

There is one interlock code, P3140 (?), so it make take a bit to check all the connectors to find it. There is also a "regenerative brake" code but I suspect this is a by-product of the interlock code. Once that is cleared, I suspect the car will be fully operational.

. . . On the > other hand I have the donor car minus transaxle and inverter, > for parts, i will like to sell some parts cheap to recoup > some of my expenses. any takers?

After a quick survey at lunch time, parts to consider:

o any of the control computers o the encoder/decoder with matching key (possibly keyfob) o accelerator pedal o rear light assemblies o traction battery o throttle body including MAF o three, full size wheels with nearly new tires (full size spare) o interior seats, console, e.t.c. o ABS brake assembly o heater pump o rear bumper cover (has three removable stickers) o others (ask)

We'll probably descend on the car either Saturday or Sunday to strip the reusable parts. So this is a chance to get stuff that you may need now or may need in the future. Make Stephen an offer.

Bob Wilson ps. Feel free to post with the usual suspects.

Reply to
bwilson4web