Well it happened.

Sometimes the Prius can get stuck in a mode where it won't turn fully on or off.

The trick to solving this is to repeatedly press the power button with the brake pedal pressed firmly down, then again with the brake pedal released fully.

This problem happened to my wife's '03 Prius and I had to talk her through this procedure over the phone to get her going again.

Reply to
Tom Cole

???!!!

The '03 (which is an NHW11) doesn't have a power button, it has a regular key.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

You're thinking USA.

This Prius was imported from Japan to New Zealand by a prior owner or car dealer, and is an NHW20. It was first registered in Japan in '03.

(Second-hand car imports from Japan are quite common here.)

Reply to
Tom Cole

Gotcha, thanks. The US likes to push things out ASAP for some reason, and cars are no different. Where I am at least on December 26 the Christmas candy gets moved to the clearance bin and the frigging Valentines candy goes up on the shelves. It's maddening sometimes.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know