Rover 220 coupe rear light problem

OK then looked at all the bulbs and are OK. Problem I have is:

  1. Both reversing lights do not work
  2. Drivers side rear light does not work

Both sets of indicators work

Have checked the fuses any other ideas. I am now wet, cold and confused

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Faulty bulbs but look OK - test with meter or a battery Wrong bulbs - Check with handbook Correct bulbs wrongly fitted - ditto

I would firstly ensure you have a good working bulb for each position ( rev & side ) and then try it in each position, one at a time, with the others removed. I suspect this will identify mulitiple faults, which are adding up to be confusing.

Sorry, can't do much about the weather. Just wrap up warm. :-) E-mail address, hopefully self-explanatory Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

In message , Andy Pandy writes

Another possibility; when my driver's side tail light and number plate lights when, I discovered the loom - which runs through the tailgate - had frayed.

Other symptoms included fuse blowing, so I guess that the upstream fuse for the tail plate light is shared with the tail lights.

HTH.

Reply to
Huss