A Tale Of Two Hoses

Evidently, there are two heater hose types for a 1994 Saab 9000 CS Turbo, one called the heater core hose and the other the heater core inlet hose.

Now just what do they do; do I need all four or what....

Reply to
Valjean

Something wrong with your math or are you playing the number game?

There are two heater hoses. One goes in to the heater core from the metal tubing on the back of the engine. That tubing is connected to the water pump on the other end. The second hose comes out of the heater core to return to the engine block.

Reply to
yaofeng

Okay, here are the part numbers:

4028619 4028635

and

4876652 4876371

You should probably try to decide where confusion lies, first.

Reply to
Valjean
4028619 4028635

The above are for 6 cylinder engines.

4876652 4876371

The above are for four cylinder engines model years 92 and later.

Reply to
yaofeng

Then please see this:

Valjean

If I can get sufficiently excited I'll fire up my copy of the EPC.

What size engine in your car btw ? LPT - FPT ? VIN ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

My previous response was based on the parts book. There may be many more one needs not be concerned with as a owner. Why not start from the simple question of what year and model is your 9k?

Reply to
yaofeng

Sorry I didn't see the year and model of your 9k in the beginning.

4876652 4876371

are what you need.

Reply to
yaofeng

Now, the parts I list are called two different things--the first group is termed heater core hose upper and lower, and the second heater core inlet and outlet hose...

Reply to
Valjean

Forget about the first group. They are for a V6. They are not for your 9k unless you have a V6.

Reply to
yaofeng

I wouldn't have asked if that was what I was finding out, too...

Reply to
Valjean