Intermittent Brake Light Warning

Hi

Has anyone else had an intermittent 'Brake Light Failure' msg displayed on their SID only to find that no light was out ? The car is a '97 900XS Talladega.

Any thoughts very welcome.

Steve

Reply to
Newsonline

Thanks for getting back to me. I was beginning to think it was only our car that acts up. At least now I know I don't need to call an exorcist :)

I'll be sure to let you know if/when I get to the bottom of this Tim - can't say I've noticed the rain factor, but I'll bear that one in mind. It's a strange one...

Best

Steve

Reply to
Newsonline

Well - I wonder if this is some variant of the ABS warning light that comes on when your CV ring gets loose/disconnected on the old 9000.. The ABS seems to work fine despite the light - but it has always been an annoyance..

All that said - it could well be something much more serious as stopping is always much more important than going as far as I'm concerned. Standing by for any detail you discover..

Reply to
Dexter J