'93 Impreza Wagon Intermittent Brake Warning Light

A friend of mine has the above car and when starting it cold the brake light on the dash comes on for approx. 8 miles or so and then goes out never to be seen again throughout the day.

Any ideas?

As far as I can tell the brake system seems to be ok. I am wondering if it might be related to the electrical system somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Henry Paul

Somewhere in my failing memory a little voice is saying 'pull the cables off the brake master cylinder, spray everything with ocntact cleaner and pop it back together'. Can't hurt & it's pretty quick. At least if that doesn't fix it, you know it wasn't the problem! Good luck.

Reply to
hippo

Thanks for the tip.

It ended up being fluid level. The level was apparently right on the boarder of tripping the warning light so it would come and go until it finally stayed on.

I'm going to check the pads for wear now.

Reply to
Henry Paul