NG900S hesitation

I recently posted regarding a hesitation problem I am having with my 1995

900 S conv., 2.3l non-turbo, 5 speed. The symptoms are when accelerating, if I floor the pedal, after about 2-3 seconds I get a sudden loss of power. It seems to get worse the more I invoke this condition. I noticed a foul smell from the exhaust the last time it happened. The components replaced to try to remedy this are a fuel filter, fuel pump, temp. sensor, fuel pressure regulator, new spark plugs. It already has new wires, distributor, thermostat. I'm wodering now if a faulty 02 sensor would be the problem. The check engine light came on last night when I invoked the condition, but I don't have a code reader. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Reply to
Jody Burke

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:09:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net suggested: : I recently posted regarding a hesitation problem I am having with my 1995 : 900 S conv., 2.3l non-turbo, 5 speed. The symptoms are when accelerating, : if I floor the pedal, after about 2-3 seconds I get a sudden loss of power. : It seems to get worse the more I invoke this condition. I noticed a foul : smell from the exhaust the last time it happened. The components replaced : to try to remedy this are a fuel filter, fuel pump, temp. sensor, fuel : pressure regulator, new spark plugs. It already has new wires, distributor, : thermostat. I'm wodering now if a faulty 02 sensor would be the problem. : The check engine light came on last night when I invoked the condition, but : I don't have a code reader. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

If you're getting a bad smell from the exhaust, it could be the catalytic converter. Rotten eggs/sulphur smell?

Reply to
andrewunix

Go to any Autozone store. They will read the code out for you. Write down everything the code reader says and report back here.

Reply to
Bob

The code reader couldn't link when we tried at Autozone. The CEL goes out after about 10 seconds, but shouldn't there be codes stored?

Reply to
Jody Burke

I just read that a tech II reader is required, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Reply to
Jody Burke

I am having the same problem with my car minus the smell. After sitting on the side of the road for a few minutes i was able to get it started and drive home. It hasn't acted up since. Seems to be an intermittent problem. It almost seemed like a vapor lock problem but it wasn't very hot outside (90 F). Please let me know if you figured out what the problem was.

Thanks,

Greg

gregsairlines@*nospam*hotmail.com

Reply to