Re: 2001 9-5 2.3t Linear Turbo Failure

Well gentleman, I am really happy to see all these great comments. Because I have had a slightly different experience. My car has been properly maintained at the dealer, all regular services, oil changes etc. I have recently had to replace my turbo. A very expensive failure. Was I just that unlucky?!

Reply to
tesla

tesla gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Perhaps. Or perhaps it's your driving style. Do you allow the turbo to cool down briefly after a drive?

Reply to
Adrian

I sometimes do that if I remember this, but often forget it. It also depends how the car was driven the last few miles of a journey. I think it is less important because modern turbos are water cooled. When starting on a journey, I never apply full power before engine is fully warm. I change fully synt oil at max 4k miles. My 9000 has done 150k miles and is fine. The turbo chargers are not made by Saab, they are sourced from just two manufacturers: Garrett and Mitsubishi. I think they supply most of the market.

Reply to
johannes

I'd go with unlucky. You're doing everything right.

Reply to
- Bob -