Wheel removal

How on earth does that wheel lock nut work? Managed to remove all the other bolts, but i can't figure out how that thing comes undone. I have the socket, put it in the hole and go to wrench it off, but there is no purchase whatsoever, beats me !

Reply to
JoHNY

What you're probably looking at is a locking wheel bolt. They're designed to make the wheel impossible to remove without a special tool

- a specially-shaped socket.

If you bought the car used, and this is the first time you've tried to change a tire, then you wouldn't have noticed until now that you might have been missing this part.

It is available from your local Saab parts store (perhaps as part of a set of four locking wheel bolts) for around US $30.

Reply to
MainerInMass

You "might" be able to get a bit more purchase if you use a plastic (ziplock) bag to give your key a bit tighter fit if you are in a pinch. This is what happens when people use impact guns on keylock wheels.

Reply to
joe schmoe

I love it when a thread moves firmly into the twilight zone :-)

Reply to
Grunff