1995 Saturn - noisy valves ????

I just bought a 95 Saturn SL1 - 1.9 SOHC. The valves sound noisy to me, almost like mechanical lifters out of adjustment. Is this noisy valve train common to these 4 bangers ???? It's got plenty of frest oil and a filter. The car has 145,000 miles....

Thanks Brian

Brian..........

Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!

Reply to
Brian

I just bought a 95 Saturn SL1 - 1.9 SOHC. The valves sound noisy to me, almost like mechanical lifters out of adjustment. Is this noisy valve train common to these 4 bangers ???? It's got plenty of frest oil and a filter. The car has 145,000 miles....

Thanks

Brian..........

Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!

Reply to
Brian

No.

If oil changes have been neglected or the oil level not kept up, what you are hearing may be a worn timing chain. A noisy timing chain can signal impending doom. You may want to have a Saturn mechanic listen to your motor to diagnose it.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Reply to