Door Handle Spring

It would seem as though the door handle return spring on the outside door handle of my 95 SC2 has broken. When I open the door, the handle doesn't snap back down like usual, it stays up and I have to push it down manually. The door latch works fine, I just have to push the handle down. I am guessing its just the spring which can be accessed by pulling the outer door skin. Any confirmations/rejections? Can the spring be replaced by itself or does it require a new handle mechanism?

thanks Jamie

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Hey my car does that too! =) fairly annoying if you forget to push the handle down and try to close the door. WHAM!!!! BOUNCE!!!! as the door latch mechansism slams into the rail and bounces the door back open. Funny thing was, as NOT safe as this was, amongst a few other things i considered safety important, my car fails inspection for non-functioning OPTIONAL fog lamp! idiots . =) Sorry i dont have advice, i havent fixed mine yet, I just wanted to share an amusing story. Good luck

Tim

Reply to
Tim