Lights won't shut off

1999 SL2. My daytime running lights won't shut off when the car is turned off. I finally had to unplug the wiring from the lights. Here's the odd part, when the lights were stuck on, the bright lights indicator was illuminated on the dash, and would not turn off, even though the lights weren't on. Also, the odometer light came on during this problem, which hasn't worked in over a year. If I let the car sit for several hours, the driving lights operate properly, and the bright lights indicator is off, but when the car warms up, the situation repeats. I thought it might be the DRL relay, but Saturn told me probably not. Any thoughts?
Reply to
Ramscape

sounds like relay.. possibly contacts fusing then when it is cool they seperate. It more than likely is a relay, resister or capcitor if in the circuit.. worse case would be pcm

Reply to
p_vouers