Lights won't shut off in 1998 jeep cherokee!!!

My mom has a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and after driving it the interior lights will not shut off. She has to unhook battery cables. The Mechanic wants to replace the body control module (after changing spark plugs and something else) but he can't find that part. Any ideas if this part is needed? Hate to take time tracking it down if she doesn't need it.

Reply to
Renee

I don't think those old Cherokees have body control modules. It might be a switch or relay shorting out.

Reply to
Roger Blake