Locate the crankshaft position sensor

I have a 1997 SL1. Any one can tell me where I can find the crankshaft position sensor? And also the PCM tells the has a "P0134" fault which I interpreted the crankshaft position sensor is bad. Could other sensors went wrong?

Reply to
Leo

"I was getting nowhere fast with my diagnosis. I crawled under the car, located the crank position sensor above and behind the starter on the backside of the engine, and removed it. I checked the sensor's resistance and found it was 790 ohms. The Saturn specifications allow 700 to 900 ohms, so the sensor appeared to be OK also. The connector and wires also checked out OK."

Reply to
rufus

You should also check the ohms once it has been heated up. When they fail, it often occurs under heat the stress.

(scroll down and read toward the end)

Reply to
Richard