Motor oil question

Anybody know what brand Saturn uses out of the factory, and/or in their shop? It's been years since my oil was changed at the dealer's.

Reply to
Chris Leithiser

Mobil 1

Reply to
K2NNJ

I don't think so.......

Reply to
BANDIT2941

I am guessing that each dealership uses whatever they can get the best rate on. So figure valvoline or castrol or something like that. I sort of doubt there is a standard dealership oil - from their owners manuals, anything which meets the specs they outline there should be just fine - so for an L300, as an example, any 5w30 (with the API, etc. certifications) is just fine. I use Mobil 1 in ours.

Reply to
David & Caroline

If I was guessing, I'd guess GM dealers use Goodwrench Motor Oil.

See

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The 2001 SC1 I bought last month had a valvoline sticker on it. Bought it from a Saturn dealer.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Probably the former owner took it to an oil change place. Was the mileage close to the same mileage as when you purchased the car?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

My local dealer is using the Castrol line. Have no idea about the factory.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Paluda

My Saturn dealer's service also uses (or has used -- I haven't taken a close enough look at the sticker recently and I'm too lazy to put on my coat and go outside to the parking lot to check ) Valvoline stickers. Steve

Reply to
Steve