Saturn vs Honda Civic Drag Race on TV

OK - Its petty clear shy rear-wheel drive cars have wheelie bars. But to me, wheelie bars trailing behind a front wheel drive car just looks too stupid! Comments? I just dont get it!

-WaVy

Reply to
wavy

yeah - petty clear shy should read - pretty clear why

(Hmm. Dr> OK - Its petty clear shy rear-wheel drive cars have wheelie bars.

Reply to
wavy

You may think it looks stupid, but it is VERY effective at improving traction.

From

: "The drive wheels make a big difference in the way your car launches. Most front-wheel-drive cars lose traction and spin the front wheels more easily because the sudden acceleration transfers weight off of the front wheels toward the rear. This is the reason why front-wheel-drive pro drag-racing cars have wheelie bars installed at the back, to keep the front end pressed to the ground. You have to launch using less throttle than you would with a rear-wheel-drive, to avoid excessive wheelspin, and then you gradually apply more throttle as you gain traction. "

Fire up a search engine, and you can find a lot of info on this subject.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Thanks Lane - You made it clear with a very minimal amount of effort. The moment of enertia description makes it very plain. By moving it further back, you limit the amount of reflex. Essenially why long rails have better traction than funny cars...

-WaVy

Lane wrote:

Reply to
wavy

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:46:13 -0700, wavy took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

It helps make the CVCC much faster. Works best when applied with several "powered by honda" stickers and a few kanji character stickers.

It helps also to have an oversized muffler and some extra gauges on the dashboard.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Don't forget the fire extinguisher, just in case the rice burner catches on fire.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Beast

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:22:37 +0000, Jay Beast took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

I suppose I shouldn't make too much fun of Hondas. I've got one of their engines in my '05 VUE. :P

At least my new Avalanche has a nice American engine.

What?

It's Mexican?

Oh.

Well, I did see a nice '69 Datsun 1600 roadster yesterday. At least for a rice racer, it looked sweet. The guy was comparing it with my neighbor's '58 MGB.

Reply to
PerfectReign