63' Rose Mist Paint Formula

Calling Ray F. I didn't see your email addie on the Tarheel page so I'm asking here if you have (or anyone else) has a refined formula for

63' Rose Mist.......?
Reply to
jbreen

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I have been to this page and find the formula somewhat "incomplete"....Unfortunately when advised to add "a little" of this and "a little" of that tint I am not confident I know what that means. I've been to shows where 3 cars of the same color, same year, look nothing alike.......I was hoping Ray or someone had refined that formula before I have the painter mix it...

Reply to
jbreen

Don't know, but that's the website Ray maintains. I know Ray's away from his house (and possibly internet access) but may be back Sunday.

Ever seen '57 GoldenHawks repainted gold... you can line up 10 and have 10 different shades of gold.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Try getting together with a good PPG guy and have him look up

63 Studebaker - P-6317 Rose Mist Irid 71344
Reply to
Bob Johnstone

I dont know if this will be of any use or not, but in '77 when I painted my Rose Mist Lark, they didnt have the kind of paint mixture I wanted in the '63 paint color. I looked at the books and found that Ford used a color that matched paint chip to paint chip and called it Rose Mist Metallic. They used it mostly on the 77 T-birds. Just a hint of very fine metallic, but otherwise a perfect match....or at least on the paint chips. I never put it next to a '63 color painted car.

Some day, my R2 Lark will go back to its original Rose Mist. I was told once it was one of two built with that color. But then, it did go out to California when it was built :)

David

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER