Busted a crook

My son had his car broken into at his work place. The bad guy stole his IPOD and a "Pocket Dish" video player loaded with some movies he'd downloaded off Dish Network. On a whim, I checked ebay a few days later and found a pawn shop in nearby Baltimore that had the same model listed. We did not have the serial number, but the idiot that broke in the car did not erase Johnny's movies or pictures. We called the cop that took the police report and he went to the pawn shop, recovered the player for evidence and got the info on the kid that hocked it and arrested his sorry ass. Still no word on the Ipod, but it has Johnny's name laser engraved on it.

Reply to
John Poulos

You should have titled your post "Busted a stupid crook"!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

My brother has a friend who found his stolen pickup tailgate the same way (E-Bay). The seller happened to live less than a mile away from the buyer. He showed up with an undercover police officer who had the seller in handcuffs when the buyer put his key in the tailgate lock and unlocked the tailgate. The guy had a shed full of stolen tailgates.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I love a story with a good ending.....

lets hope the waste of air that grabbed N8's credit card number has the same fate.

Reply to
mark

Reply to
itraseecab

I think I'd fear the fraud department of a major credit card company

*more* than the police - they are tenacious!

Good news is that I talked to them again yesterday and explained that I'd be leaving town tues. or wed. and they are overnighting a new card to me, should arrive today.

nate

Reply to
N8N