Question regarding gasket paper ?

Want to make a gasket for the base of my expansion tank for the thermostat.are all rolled gasket materials the same ? I have some the ford tractor shop sold me for the steering gear housing,though that is not under any high temp or coolant properties !

Reply to
63t-cab

I use the NAPA pack of mixed gasket materials, IIRC the waxed- impregnated looking paper was what I used, match it to thermostat gasket paper material used on chevy gaskets, etc. that are usually hanging near rad caps, etc. on shelf. God Bless you should need to ask for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
oldcarfart