Head gasket question

Thanks to all who have responded to my previous posts. Today I have a question about my head gasket. The engine block has large tear-drop shaped openings for the water flow. The head matches the tear-drop shaped openings. However, the head gasket has only two of the tear-drop shapes and four 1/4" diameter holes. I threw away the original Ford head gasket but from the outline left on the block the gasket matched the block perfectly with six tear-drop shaped openings. Shouldn't the gasket match the head and block perfectly?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
azazel scratch

no, some ports are blocked to assure flow to the whole engine.. just be sure the gasket marked front or top is right.lucas

--------------------------------------------------------------Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --BenjaminFranklin

Reply to
ds549