Gasket question

I bought a stock fuel pump last night and I didn't realize until later that there was 2 of the same gaskets. The lower one . Would it make any difference if I use one on the top of the insulator block?

Reply to
Eddie

This link should help:

I had to use a total of aobut 10 gaskets lower and upper total to get the fuel pump pressure down to 3.5 p.s.i.

Reply to
Jim347a

Thanks Jim for the link, I have been reading their site for a while now. I wasn't concerned with the pressure just yet. My question was about the gaskets. I didn't get the one in the picture that says "checking pushrod length". The upper gasket.

Eddie

-1965 Sedan

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
Eddie

the reason for the solid gasket on top of the fuel pump mount and under the fuel pump is to retain the grease that should be packed into the bottom of the fuel pump to lubricate the pump arm contact and pivot point.... I have in a pinch made my own gaskets there from gasket material, but that is usually thicker and can change the fuel pressure you see at your carbureter. I also cut a pump gasket from a standard cream colored manila folder in the past that worked well...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks. Confirms what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. That is why I asked.

Eddie

-1965 Sedan

Joey Tribiani wrote:

Reply to