Wire Wheel Covers

re: post by coinshanky Brian in 2004 about markings on the wire wheel mounting dishes post by me in July about not knowing what I'm doing.

My quest for wheels for my Speedster took me to an old junk yard in upstate NY where there was a 50 or 51 that still had three 5 inch wheels. Unlike all the other wheels I have, my wire wheel covers exactly fit into these. The outer rim of the cover and the base of the black cover dish stamped 87 4 bear with the wheel correctly and the valve stems line up. So now my wire wheels and wheels look exactly like those in Johns pictures and I have three wheels that fit. All I need now is two more wheels like these and I'll be a happy camper. Love the thrill of the hunt. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark