Cleaning Wire Wheel Covers

Dear Heloise Even with a lot of work and time, I see no way to get a buffer into all the nooks and crannies of my stainless wire wheel covers. Do you have a way to clean these nasty covers and make them shine? Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Mother's makes a "Mini" Powerball that attaches to your drill (cordless) and comes with an extension. Using Mother's metal polish (I used Alluminum and it worked good on my stainless trim) It is a small heavy duty sponge ball and does a good job. Just start out slow on a multi-speed drill so as not to throw the polish. Cleans up good with soap and warm water. Dave B.

Reply to
mcavanti

I just throw mine into the dishwasher a few times until they come out sparkling. Drives the family nuts!!!! FlatheadGeo

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

Dear Heloise Thanks for the tip. Tonights dishes had to wait for the wheel covers to cycle through the pots and pans cycle and with the Cascade they came out clean and shiny. I'll probably work around them with a toothbrush, buff the outer rings and run them through one more time. What a group! Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Speaking of wire wheel covers, I have a set and a car without the right wheel covers. Anybody ever see a set on a 52 4 door?

Bob Miles Tucson AZ

Reply to
bob m

Speaking of wire wheel covers, I have a set and a car without the right wheel covers. Anybody ever see a set on a 52 4 door?

Bob Miles Tucson AZ

Reply to
bob m

Hire a 18 YO Filipina to scrub them out while on the car, A-LA- Cool Hand Luke?

Mark (Always try to do two birds with one stone) Dunning

Reply to
markshere2