Brian

Only my own fleet, and occasional help for the neighbours. Oldest daughter decided to get a VW Lupo a couple of years ago (I know Pugs best), it has been the most unreliable vehicle I have ever experienced. Had to have the gearbox repaired (roller bearing disintegrated) and yesterday, she tells me it is making a lot of noise (heavy whine on the overrun). Sure enough, dropped the oil out, and out popped a graunched roller too.

Reply to
Brian

The reason i asked, was i saw a van in a car park in staines with Brian ..... on the side of it and i thought it might of been you,

Reply to
Chrs

Not me then, don't own a van.

Reply to
Brian

hahahaaha so your not a van driver (white van man)

Reply to
Chrs

Give me a Pug anyday. Just managed to drop the gearbox off my daughter's Lupo. What a sod of a job. Hopefully tomorrow the replacement arrives, then the real fun begins.

Reply to
Brian

never had much todo with them,still waiting for my phone call about my pulley,then its the job that i do not like todo, undoing the bolt on the crankshaft,might try and get a tool that i know that some ones got its a power drill for undoing bolts.the only problem is its cordless.

Reply to
Chrs

To be honest it is unlikely that a power tool will do it in my experience. I broke a cordless impact driver trying to do one of those. Have you got ventilated discs? I stick it into 5th gear, and put a stout screwdriver into the vent slots in the disc so that it buts up to the calliper. This locks the wheel, and then you get a socket with as long an extension as you can on the bolt. You will need the car as high as you can for this to give room to swing the spanner. I ended up with at least 2 feet lever, and that got it off. Did fail on the old 306 td though. If it is really tight, then heat up the bolt head as much as you can. this will soften the locktite.

Reply to
Brian

I will let you know how i get it off, but i have done that before locking the disc up better than getting some one to put foot on brake.spanner i was going to use a scocket and big bar, but a spanner sounds better to me.and a big hammer lol

Reply to
Chrs