100 k Major Service - AU

AUSTRALIA:

I've read various posts in here over time regarding recommended "extra" servicing items to be performed at the major 100 000 km service.

Can somebody please recap for me what should be done while the timing cover is off & belt/tensioner is being replaced?

I seem to recall camshaft oil seals, oil pump seals, water pump, etc. If anyone can give a definitive list of all possible items that COULD fail, which can only be accessed while the timing cover is off, then I will get the lot replaced when my car reaches 100 000. It is currently at 85 000, so I have about 4 months left to save up the extra money.

Here in Brisbane, Queensland... I have been quoted about 950-1000 for the standard 100k service from the dealer I bought the car from. As it is under their internal warranty (3 years) I must have ALL mechanical work performed by themselves - so I'm not really in a position to shop around for a cheaper deal. Anyone else from Aus care to comment on this pricing???

Cheers Spinifex

91 Liberty (Australian Legacy) RS Turbo AWD Manual 2.0 T 85 Leone FWD 1.8 NA 01 Liberty AWD 2.0 NA
Reply to
anon