Aiming headlights on 00 OBW

I replaced the low beams on my outback and now my driver's side high beam is aimed lower than my low beam...how is that possible? I've tried re-aiming the lights but it seems you cannot separate the low beam from the high beam. The top screw adjustment is side-to-side and the bottom screw adjustment is for up/down but for the whole assy. How can you aim them separately? With the low beam aimed at the center of my travel lane and lighting about 35 ft in front, the high beam is illuminating the road more to the left at 25 ft.....into oncoming traffic. Is the driver-side low beam supposed to be aimed a bit to the right?

Reply to
John

You may not have seated the new low-beam bulbs correctly, or the socket may have melted and deformed from heat (damned "Daylight Running Lamps").

The bulb filament has to be centered properly to be aimed correctly.

(went thru the same problem with my '00 OBW, btw)

Reply to
nobody >

Good to know. I have the DRL module detached and did double check the high-beam socket, reseating it multiple times but not the low beam . I'll check that.

Reply to
John

In addition to what nobody has said (sorry; _had_ to say that ;-),. try swapping the bulbs left to right; there's always a possibility that the new bulb is defective.

ByeBye! S.

You're right, I had the bulb in upside down

Reply to
John