Does anyone have an "All-Weather Rubber material" mat for the cargo area of their OBW?

ARGH!!!!

First I get sent the wrong All-Weather Floor Mats for my '03 OBW. Now I get the wrong-shaped cargo mat! I am NOT having luck getting accessories for my car so far!!

I went to AutoAnything.com and ordered a Hexomat cargo area mat for my '03 OBW. You specifically designate what year and model/make car you have, and the mat is supposed to be custom-cut to fit your cargo area. Most of the reviews about the product I read were raving about them and their fit and quality, so I decided to get one for my Outback. It arrived Saturday and it's totally wrong. The box label says it's for a Subaru Impreza, so that was the first tip that it wouldn't fit. But I thought "maybe they're the same shape/size as the Outback" so I took it out and put it in my car. NOT EVEN CLOSE to fitting the Outback. I just looked up pictures of the Impreza Wagon and you can tell it's not the same size/shape as an Outback Wagon! It's much shorter. Maybe the Outback SPORT Wagon is a close match, but not the regular OBW.

I called AutoAnything on Saturday and left a message for their Customer Service (only operate M-F). But then I called back and spoke to one of their salespeople and explained the situation to them. They looked up my order and confirmed that I did indeed specify a '03 OBW as my vehicle. Then they compared the part number for the OBW Hexomat versus the part number for the Impreza Wagon Hexomat - they're the same. The manufacturer of the Hexomat, according to their computer anyway, is saying that the Outback and Impreza wagons have the same shape.

Has anyone ordered an all-weather rubber type of cargo mat for their OBW, and if so, where did you get it and what brand is it? I don't want the cargo tray that's available from Subaru, as it's the hard plastic kind, and my dog (and grocery bags and plant containers from the nursery) will be sliding all over it. That's why I want a rubber all-weather type material. Subaru does not offer this, so I have no choice but aftermarket. But there seems to be a limited number of choices, at least for the Outback.

Reply to
M. Baker

If they list one for '03 Legacy wagon, it likely will fit.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The newer OEM wagon cargo mats are soft sticky rubber. I purchased one for my "06 LGT wagon from a dealer on the west coast and when it arrived it was rolled up in a 8" diameter box. I have a hard time sliding my beer cases in and out as it is not slippery like the one in my '06 Envoy. Ed in Philly

Reply to
Envoy Ed

I would love to purchase an OEM mat from Subaru or a Subie dealer. But Subaru doesn't make them, at least not for my car. I called a dealer and asked. All they have is the hard plastic (and slippery) cargo tray. Not what I want.

I talked to AutoAnything yesterday and they're going to send me a paper template for the Legacy Wagon so I can confirm it fits correctly before ordering that one. Hopefully that one will work. In the meantime I have to wait for an email with an RMA number or something, so I can return the wrong one to them.

Reply to
M. Baker