Cargo mat

Years ago, I had a 91 ranger I bought a rubber, non slip mat for. It appeared to be made of recycled tires and had to be cut down to size for a good fit. I bought a new ranger (sold the other one with mat a few years ago). I'm looking for one of these and can't find them anymore. Every one want to sell a liner or a $400 spray on job! I just need a basic $20 mat. Thanks, bg

Reply to
BG250

In article <42387873$1 snipped-for-privacy@newsfeed.slurp.net>, "BG250" snipped-for-privacy@anon.com wrote: Years ago, I had a 91 ranger I bought a rubber, non slip mat for. It appeared to be made of recycled tires and had to be cut down to size for a good fit. I bought a new ranger (sold the other one with mat a few years ago). I'm looking for one of these and can't find them anymore. Every one want to sell a liner or a $400 spray on job! I just need a basic $20 mat. Thanks, bg

Reply to
pj

Bought a seriusly rugged bed mat from my local dealer 2 days after I bought my SD. $60 and it's taken a beating over the years. It sits on top of my Line-X liner to keep stuff from slipping around and I've hauled broken concrete to scrap steel in the bed. Nary a cut or tear... Not sure who makes it tho. I'll try to remember to look at it tomorrow when I get to work.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

If you want indestructible, inexpensive mat go to any farm store and ask for "cow mat." They're usually $40-50 a mat. You'll need a Sawzall to cut it to fit. You can also go to a horse trailer dealer and ask for trailer mat (which is basically cow mat at a trumped up price :-)).

Ruth CM

Reply to
RPM1

See if you can find anyone who works with large conveyor belts, any big pieces that they throw away make an indestructible mat for a truck bed, and most of them are rubberized and or even rough finish so things don't slide around. Best of all it's free, the belts get torn and worn and then thrown out, but the material is still perfect for making truck bed mats.

Reply to
Mikey S.

Took a gander at my bed mat. Looks to be genuine Ford. No stickers or other identifying marks on it other than "Ford Long Bed" and a Ford oval logo.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Found mine at Pep Boys but I'm sure JC Whitney, etc., would have them. Good Luck!

Reply to
Ernie Sparks